Great news – Southern Current is HIRING!
We’re looking for a Solar PV Designer to help out with residential, commercial, and utility scale solar PV systems. The position includes performing calculations, working with engineering programs, drafting in AutoCAD, performing site visits to gather notes, working with sales team to put together preliminary layouts, working with engineering team to put together final design packages, and working with development team to put together layouts and one-lines.
Other tasks may include:
- Review site visit pictures from sales team to determine interconnection requirements and PV system potential issues.
- Work with sales to provide technical assistance and design services for proposals including putting together Solar PV module layouts using AutoCAD showing module location, shading buffer, fencing, etc.
- Put together Zoning Site Plans showing module locations, fencing, site access, buffer plans, etc. using AutoCAD.
- Track actual costs for each project and project estimated final cost to build.
- Put together Label list with specific information (system specific info: Imp, Voc, arc-flash data, fault current, etc.) and delegate label creation to Project Administrator.
- Put together O&M Manuals, commissioning sheets & check commissioning sheets, warranty forms, and other closeout documents.
- Read technical articles and attend Solar PV training to keep up with latest products, design techniques, and construction strategies.
- Lead permitting process and Interconnection process.
- Stay on top of latest NEC changes.
- Stay on top of best practices for Grid Direct and Off-Grid PV design and construction techniques.
- Take classes or attend training in Solar PV Design and Construction techniques.
- Work with Engineering team to develop Solar PV design packages including solar array layouts, electrical one-lines, and equipment mounting details using AutoCAD for residential, commercial, and utility scale Solar PV systems.
- Use Excel spreadsheets and calculations to size Solar PV systems and put together detailed material lists.
- Work with suppliers to gather material quotes and track pricing.
- Attend site visits to gather notes and take pictures of existing conditions to aid in design.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 2 years experience using AutoCAD
- At least a 2 year degree from a technical college in Engineering Design Graphics (Computer Aided Design)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service
- Must be good at math
Work hours will be between 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Occasional work or travel after hours and/or on weekends.
The Solar PV Designer will work directly with the Manager of Residential EPC and/or VP of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) to learn all the processes, programs, calculations, and methods for designing Solar PV Systems. Solar PV Designer will work towards being self-sufficient in Solar PV Design with oversight from the Manager of Residential EPC and/or the VP of EPC.
Interested in applying? Email David Brueck at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include examples of previous design work and resume in your email.
About Southern Current
Southern Current is proud to be one of the leading solar companies in South Carolina, with services available throughout the Southeast. For more information, visit www.southerncurrentllc.com.