Great news – Southern Current is HIRING!
We’re looking for an Assistant Project Manager to help out with residential, commercial, and utility scale solar projects. The position includes working directly with the Project Manager to learn all the processes, programs, calculations, and methods for installing Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems. It also involves assisting and performing duties that are required for all construction work as assigned and including project estimates, contractor coordination, project management, labor, testing, commissioning, training and close out documentation required to install Solar PV systems.
The Assistant Project Manager also handles the following duties:
- Manages logistics associated with commercial construction projects.
- Assists in the planning and execution of commercial construction contracts.
- Supports field supervisors with accurate and timely information sharing.
- Fulfills requests by field supervisors for information and coordination of work.
- Facilitates thorough project documentation and digitization using computer skills.
- Ensures that proper permits as required by law to carry out work on construction projects are obtained.
- Studies blueprints and schematics and determines methods, materials, and equipment needed to complete the assignment.
- Ensures the materials needed for most frequently occurring repair work, prepares requisitions, and monitors inventory.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Develops plans and estimates for projects; includes determining time, equipment, and human and material resources needed to complete the work.
- Coordinates for the ordering and delivery of construction materials to the job site.
- Coordinates for lodging and transportation for all company employees working at remote job sites.
- Assists in coordination with the General Contractor and/or government/facility owner before, during and after construction.
- Travels as needed to participate in and represent the company for pre and post construction coordination meetings with the at the General Contractor and/or government/facility owner before and after construction.
- Coordinate inspections for contractor performed work in new construction projects as part of the Quality Improvement Team.
- Solves construction problems.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Work Hours & Travel
- Work hours will be between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional work or travel after hours and/or on weekends.
Qualifications & Skills
- Requires high school diploma or GED plus vocational or technical training.
- Additional skills required include:
- Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service
- Must be good at math
Interested in applying? No phone calls please, instead you may email Elliot Turner at email@example.com. Please include a cover letter and references along with your resume.
About Southern Current
Southern Current is proud to be one of the leading solar companies in South Carolina, with services available throughout the Southeast. For more information, visit www.southerncurrentllc.com.